ANDROID TABLET ZONE - ATZ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Android Based Tablets and Android Based Smart Phones

Order & Chaos Online Comes to Ouya

Rabid1
    Rabid1
    PowerCode Member
    PowerCode Member

Order & Chaos Online Comes to Ouya Empty Order & Chaos Online Comes to Ouya

Post by Rabid1 Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:12 pm

Order & Chaos Online Comes to Ouya 1919d1375509630-order-chaos-online-comes-ouya-181-order-chaos-online

So the famous, if not infamous WoW clone comes to Ouya.

Having had my trials and tribulations with O&C in the past, like the flash version being unceremoniously dropped with no way to retrieve characters and booty, I was hesitant to even check this title out. But with the really nice Ouya releases of FF3 and ShadowGun I figured it was worth a shot. With O&C being free to play now it would only be time wasted. Free to play and free to download.

Or not. Using the ethernet connection on the Ouya to speed up the 1.3GB download needed (which on the Ouya is precious space with 8GB internal storage), it took a painless 10 minutes or so. Then having the typical Gameloft server wonkies at first I got a character made and logged in in about 20 minutes total.

I am sure a lot of people are already familiar with O&C but for the uninitiated I will run it down simply.

First you log in. If you do not already have a Gameloft Live account, you must create one but it is quick and painless.

Once logged in you start picking from the 5 races Undead or Orc (the bad guys depending on your perspective), Elf, Human (the good guys, again perspective), and the Mendels furry little hobbit/ewok hybrids who are neutral, not to be confuse with Mandels which usually are bald Misophobic overrated comedians. Then pick a specialty warrior, mage, monk , or ranger. Once you have picked a race and sex you can draw from a small database of choices to customize skin tone, hair, face, and name.

Pick your server and it's off to the races.

Almost immediately there is a simple basic turorial to get you started and used to the controller driven system. normally O&C is touch and virtual touchpad. It can be a little confusing at first but you can get the basics right away and learn the other features as you go. Really not bad at all.

The graphics look great at 1080p on a 56" screen. In the hours or so I played not a single glitch other than my poor targeting skills. My Ranger got the crap kicked out of him regularly.

Probably the only downside to the Ouya version is it is on Ouya servers only. That is would make it unattractive to some who already have time invested in characters on the open Android servers. There is an upside to this in that currently the available Ouya servers aren't jammed up there still were quite a few people playing.

With all the issues I have had in the past with O&C I really am more than pleasantly surprised at the overall quality and playability on the Ouya. Gameloft How about bringing back the original Dungeon Hunter and Splintercell?

4 of 5 stars

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:16 pm